The VCLD Early Career Special Educator Award honors early career teachers who have achieved in areas of teaching, leadership and/or advocacy for students with learning disabilities at a level that is exceptional for an early career educator.
The Early Career Award is presented during the annual VCLD symposium. Recipients receive complimentary symposium registration, and are featured on the VCLD website.
Deadline to nominate: May 26, 2023
- The nominee must have taught for a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years
- The nominee must teach students with learning disabilities or other high incidence disabilities
- The nominee must have demonstrated strengths in one or more of the following areas:
- Collaboration to improve current education programs and service delivery
- Implementation of evidence-based practices resulting in increased success for children, adolescents or adults with learning disabilities
- Advocacy for students with learning disabilities and their families
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the nomination form no later than May 26, 2023 (Click the blue “Nominate an Early Career Special Educator” button)
- Upload with the nomination form a minimum of one letter of support for the nominee from someone who can provide evidence of teaching ability and contribution to the profession, such as
- Others from the education community
- Students and/or their families
For more information about the Early Career Special Educator of the Year Award
Contact Lenette Hillian, Awards & Honors Chairperson at [email protected]