The VCLD Outstanding Special Education Paraeducator of the Year Award was created to recognize two outstanding paraprofessionals who assist students with disabilities.
The Outstanding Special Education Paraeducator Awards will be presented during the VCLD Symposium. Recipients receive complimentary symposium registration, a $250 award and recognition on VCLD Social Media and Website.
- The nominee must be currently involved in direct or related services to students with learning disabilities.
- The nominee must have demonstrated exemplary performance as a paraprofessional in a Commonwealth of Virginia K-12 school.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the nomination form prior to the close of the application. (Click the Nominate an Outstanding Paraeducator Button).
- Upload with this nomination form one Letter of Support for the Nominee from someone who can provide evidence of teaching ability and contribution to the profession, such as:
- Others from the education community
- Students and/or their families